For the last two days, I’ve been struggling a bit. The house is a mess (with Hollow World shipping materials and boxes of stuff for The Crown Tower release). I’m spending some time each day working on Hollow World edits, but i still want to make progress on Rhune (especially since I don’t feel like I can take a break until I get this wrapped up).
I recognized early on yesterday that what I was writing just wasn’t going to cut it. I don’t generally suffer from writer’s block…and this wasn’t that as I knew what I wanted to write…but it just wasn’t coming out like it should.
So I spent the late afternoon, getting my “head together.” I went on a really long and difficult bike ride, had dinner out and then rode a good way home as it was still too early to take the Metro (bikes aren’t allowed between 4:00 – 7:00 because of Rush hour).
I returned exhausted, but after a shower I re-read what I had written, and yes it was as bad as I thought it was. The good news is the rewrite went much better. I spent today’s morning finishing off the climax of the story and I now just have the final concluding chapter.
So this afternoon I’ve got to write 2 blog posts for Orbit, then it’s back at reviewing the copy edits for Hollow World. I think both of these projects are going to be wrapping soon and with Crown Tower debuting in a couple of weeks it might be that they all “conclude” pretty much together.