So yesterday I finished writing Rhune. I’ll have bigger post in my http://www.riyria.com website, but just wanted to officially log this in…book #23. Yes, I’ve written 23 books, although most of them you’ll never see. Here’s the breakdown:
- 11 “practice books” where I was just trying to “learn my craft” and “find my voice”. Some okay ideas but terrible execution
- 6 Riyria Revelations: Theft of Swords (The Crown Conspiracy & Avempartha), Rise of Empire (Nyphron Rising & The Emerald Storm, Heir of Novron (Wintertide & Percepliquis)
- 2 Riyria Chronicles: The Crown Tower (releasing in less than 2 weeks), The Rose and the Thorn (releasing on my birthday – Sep 17)
- 1 Hollow World – approaching finishing the copy edits on this.
- 2 books that I’m not sure what to do with: Need editing at a minimum (Antithesis and A Burden to the Earth)
- 1 in the New Empire Series
Currently it stands at 122,800 words. Much left to do on this but nothing I’ll be doing anytime soon. First will require Robin to do the Alpha read, based on her feedback I have a couple major changes that I may or may not need to do. I pretty much have lined up things nicely or Dherg. I’ve been burning the candle on all ends: Hollow World, Riyria Chronicles and now this. So I’ll probably be taking a break and trying to get some things around the house taken care of that have been neglected.