Hey everyone, I’ve already announced this on my Riyria blog, so this may be a repeat to some. But I’m pleased to officially announce the Age of Myth pre-order bonus program! t In case you aren’t familiar with it, here’s the deal.
Pre-ordering a book shows your early support and provides a host of benefits for authors such as:
- Pre-order sales count as first-week sales, and it’s this all important debut week that gives a book the best chance of hitting a major best-selling list like the New York Times or USA Today.
- Books with a high number of pre-orders will get more traction with booksellers such that the books will be carried in more stores and in higher quantities.
- Books with a high number of pre-orders will receive increased marketing support from the publisher.
- Books with a high number of pre-orders will generate a larger print run.
Now, that’s what I get…but I want a win-win for both readers and writers, so I (and Del Rey) have put together a nice package to reward you for pre-ordering the book. It’s like getting Kickstarter perks without a Kickstarter!
So, what do you get?
- Character profiles with photographs.
- The first five chapters of the book to read right now!
- A package of free short stories.
- Access to a high-resolution map.
- A signed bookplate (free to residents of the US)
- A signed bookmark (free to residents of the US)
- Wallpaper for your computer, iPhone, and tablet featuring the amazing artwork of Marc Simonetti.
If you are outside the US, and still want the bookplate and bookmark, I’ll gladly send them to you if you cover $3 for the postage and handling. Here is a link to order them.Here are is what the bookmark and bookplates look like:
Okay, so how do you participate?
- Pre-order any version of Age of Myth: ebook, audio book, or hardcover from your favorite store.
- Take a picture of your receipt.
- Fill out this form so we know where to send your stuff.
- Be sure to upload your proof of purchase (there is a field on the form).
- If you are overseas and want the bookmark and bookplate, order it from this link.
That’s it. We’ll take care of the rest. Oh, and if you have ordered a signed copy directly from my website, you don’t to do anything. Your book will be signed and personalized based on the instructions you provided, and you’ll have a spare bookplate to do with as you will.
I hope you are as excited as I am about the new release. Just 1 month and 25 days away!! And thank you for pre-ordering, it means a great deal that you have such faith in my upcoming series.