Recently I posted about Age of Legend hitting the New York Times Bestseller List, but I should have dug a bit deeper
Why? Well, it also hit the USA Today Bestseller list. This is especially great because the first list singled out the audio release, but the USA Today list is only for print and ebook. So, by hitting both lists, we have all the basis covered!
Of course, this really isn’t my accomplishment, it’s due to all of you who showed so much support for the book and bought them as soon as you could get your hands on them. Robin and I greatly appreciate your support!
While it’s not published in the paper for a little while yet, people’s whose books hit the New York Times get an early notification, an I’m thrilled that Age of Legend joins Age of War as a New York Times Bestseller!
Hey all, Robin here. I took a look today to see how the audio sales were going, and I was pleased to find that all the first books of Michael’s series have made the 100 Bestselling Epic Fantasy audiobook list. That’s Theft of Swords (#95), The Crown Tower (#22), and Age of Myth (#59). In addition, the latest release, Age of Legend (#25) is still hitting the top of the list, and in a surprise Age of Swords (#17) is doing the best of all the titles. So, we just wanted to thank all the audio listeners for being so supportive of Michael’s work.
Recording of Age of Death starts on October 2nd, and will be released on February 2, 2020. We hope you’re as excited about it as we are.
Oh, and The Crown Tower is just $5 as part of Audible’s Great Escape Sale. So, if you’ve not started the Riyria Chronicle’s series yet, this would be a great time to give it a go!
We are so honored that audiobook listeners flock to our new releases in droves. Since 2015, every single release of my books has hit Audible’s Top 10 bestseller list in its debut week, including last week’s Age of Legend. That’s amazing, especially when you consider there are 61,000+ fiction titles on the site. How can I not be happy with that! So, thank you, audio listeners, for bringing us to the top of the charts so many times.
- #9 The Death of Dulgath (Dec 15, 2015)
- #6 Age of Myth (May 9, 2016)
- #1 Age of Swords (July 28, 2017)
- #8 The Disappearance of Winter’s Daughter (Dec 8, 2017)
- #3 Age of War (July 8, 2018)
- #6 Age of Legend (July 12, 2019)
Here is the full set of books that hit the bestseller list:
*One of July’s Free Audible Originals
It’s just three days before the release of Age of Legend, are you as excited as Robin and I are? Well, we were so excited that Robin decided to see how the pre-orders for the audiobook were going and she found something really interesting.
Right now there are 2,915 audiobooks available for pre-order, and when organizing them by which are selling the best, Age of Legend is #7. Being in n the top 10 with the likes of Stephen King, Nora Roberts, Lee Child, Malcolm Gladwell, and a new Star Wars book is pretty surreal. Being the math person Robin is she tells me that puts it in the top 0.25% of all audiobooks for pre-order (top 0.24% to be precise).
Our thanks go to everyone who has pre-ordered, it was this kind of early support that got Age of War on the New York Times bestseller list. Whether we can repeat that with Age of Legend, who knows, but in some respects, I don’t care because making the list once was the dream of a lifetime.
Oh, and we are working with Audible to get the pre-orders up for Age of Death (coming February 4, 2020) and Age of Empyre (coming May 5, 2020). So you’ll be able to listen to all three remaining books in a span of just under 10 months of each other. That’s much better than the 2 years span for the first three books. Recording starts in early November!!
Grim Oak Press (the distributor for Age of Legend) is running a giveaway for signed copies of all 4 books of the Legends of the First empire series. You can enter to win here.
Even if you have all the books, this would be a great opportunity to introduce the series to a loved one. Plus, there’s another reason to enter. Shawn and Jeff (who run Grim Oak) are also going to be giving away 3 copies of Terry Brook’s Street Freaks and one copy of the exclusive Emerald City Comic Con edition of Unfettered III.
Oh, and while we are speaking of giveaways…don’t forget we still have two other giveaways for Age of Legend.
Good luck on the drawings!!
Age of Legend books will be coming off the presses any day now, so it’s time to do some giveaways! We’ll have three ways for you to win.
- Goodreads (only open to US and Canada residents). I’m not sure why Goodreads limited the giveaway to just these two countries, but they did, which is one of the reasons why I’ve got two other ways to enter. There are 3 books being drawn on June 30th at 11:59 PM EDT.
- Reddit’s /r/Fantasy sub (open to all countries). Reddit can be a divisive site filled with people with very strong opinions from all facets of the spectrum, but the fantasy sub is an oasis of civility among the chaos. If you’ve not visited it before, this would be a good time to check it out. I’m sure you’ll find reasons to stay. To enter, you just have to add a comment to the thread and I’ll send you a message via the Reddit site. I’ll be drawing 2 books on June 5th at 11:59 PM EDT. This drawing is open to people from all countries.
- Private giveaway (open to all countries). In today’s publishing environment, there is always some “big entity” between the author and the reader (Amazon, Barnes and Noble or the publishers). I like having a direct relationship with readers such that if these other people ever get “wonky.” I can still reach out to my readers and tell them about sales, giveaways, and Kickstarters. Entering here will require an email address (so I can notify the winner), but you can opt out of being added to my email list. I don’t use it often (I think 6 times in the last 3 years), so don’t worry about being bombarded. But I like having the safety net of being able to reach people if the “big boys” are getting in the way. There are 2 books being drawn on June 30th at 11:59 PM EDT.
All books will be signed (and can be dedicated if you wish). If you haven’t read the other three books there are spoiler-filled recaps available on this site.
I hope you are as excited about the next release as I am, and good luck on the drawings!